Understanding the Dynamics of Planting Sod
It’s no surprise that Americans take pride in their lawns. In fact, Americans spend nearly $6.4 billion dollars each year on their lawns. Lawn care is more than just mowing or spreading fertilizer. In some instances, sod may be the best solution to creating a beautiful lawn.
For homeowners, golf course or playing field owners alike, sod provides beautiful lush grass. Sod may be required in the case of:
- New homes
- New golf course construction and/or repair
- Lawn repair
- Installation of a putting green at home
- Construction of a playing field
- Repair of a playing field
Choosing the right grass
When choosing the type of grass for your sod, there are many factors to consider including:
- Soil type
- Shade and sun levels
- Expected levels of wear and tear
Prep the site
Before installing sod, the site will need to be prepped:
- Remove foreign objects (e.g.. leftover building scraps)
- Grade the area (remove tree roots, etc)
- Prep the area with weed control sprays, top soil, soil enhancements (if needed), and fertilizers
The Modern Turf process
Modern Turf offers a 100% guarantee on new sod installations. Our proven process allows for each client to receive the attention and care suited to their needs:
- Soil Test: Testing the soil indicates if any treatments (e.g.. lime) are needed prior to the sod installation.
- Irrigation Certification: Because the success of sod is dependent on proper watering, this service ensures that all sprinkler heads are in working order and will provide adequate water.
- Amendments and Preparation
- Modern Turf Care Service
If you are interested in more information about the sod process or would like to schedule a consultation, contact us today!